Butternut Squash Soup with Pecans Recipe
“When I received some fresh organic vegetables from a friend, I created this hearty and satisfying soup,” writes Delores Cavanah of Aurora Colorado.
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped celery
- 1-1/2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh parsley
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3 medium Yukon Gold potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1-1/2 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup cooked cubed butternut squash
- 1 carton (16 ounces) ready-to-serve creamy butternut squash soup
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1. In a small nonstick skillet, saute onion and celery in oil for 3-4 minutes or until crisp-tender. Add the parsley, garlic and cinnamon; saute 1-2 minutes longer.
- 2. In a large saucepan, combine the potatoes, broth and onion mixture. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 12-15 minutes or until potatoes are tender. Add the squash, soup, salt and pepper; heat through.
- 3. Remove from the heat; stir in the pecans and cream. Cool slightly. In a blender or food processor, process soup in batches until smooth. Return to the pan and heat through. Yield: 4 cups.
1 cup: 309 calories, 14g fat (4g saturated fat), 22mg cholesterol, 702mg sodium, 43g carbohydrate (11g sugars, 5g fiber), 5g protein .
Reviews for Butternut Squash Soup with Pecans
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC