Butternut Squash Soup Recipe
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 medium butternut squash (about 4 pounds), peeled and cubed
- 3 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) vegetable broth
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh gingerroot
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 cinnamon stick (3 inches)
- 1 package (8 ounces) PHILADELPHIA® Cream Cheese, softened and cubed
- In a small skillet, saute onion in butter until tender. Transfer to a 5-or 6-quart slow cooker; add squash. Combine the broth, brown sugar, ginger, garlic and cinnamon; pour over squash. Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours or until squash is tender.
- Cool slightly. Discard cinnamon stick. In a blender, process soup in batches until smooth. Return all to slow cooker. Whisk in cream cheese; cover and cook 15 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Yield: 14 servings (2-1/2 quarts).
Reviews for Butternut Squash Soup(4)
Sort By :
My family loves this soup, nice served with chopped cilantro.
The perfect soup for fall/winter. I did not add the cream cheese because I did not want the extra calories - absolutely delicious w/out it and VERY easy and fast to make! I doubled it so I can eat on it all week - YUM!!!
Made this soup and forgot to put the cream cheese in--will make it again and again without the cream cheese most of the time. The spices are so subtle, not overwhelming...delicious!
This is my "go to" squash soup recipe. I cook the squash in the micro & I carmelize the onions in EVOO & butter--the cream cheese is what brings the flavors all together!!!
More Recipe Collections
- Butternut Squash Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Cream Cheese Recipes >
- Cream Soups >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Diabetic Soup Recipes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Low Fat Soup Recipes >
- Slow Cooker Recipes >
- Slow Cooker Soup >
- Slow Cooker Stews >
- Slow Cooker Vegetarian Recipes >
- Soup Recipes >