Butternut Squash Soup Recipe
“When I received some fresh organic vegetables from a friend, I created this hearty and satisfying soup,” writes Delores Cavanah of Aurora Colorado.
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped celery
- 1-1/2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh parsley
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3 medium Yukon Gold potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1-1/2 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup cooked cubed butternut squash
- 1 carton (16 ounces) ready-to-serve creamy butternut squash soup
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup Diamond of California Chopped Pecans, toasted
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- In a small nonstick skillet, saute onion and celery in oil for 3-4 minutes or until crisp-tender. Add the parsley, garlic and cinnamon; saute 1-2 minutes longer.
- In a large saucepan, combine the potatoes, broth and onion mixture. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 12-15 minutes or until potatoes are tender. Add the squash, soup, salt and pepper; heat through.
- Remove from the heat; stir in the pecans and cream. Cool slightly. In a blender or food processor, process soup in batches until smooth. Return to the pan and heat through. Yield: 4 cups.
Originally published as Butternut Squash Soup in Cooking for 2 Fall 2006, p59
Reviews for Butternut Squash Soup(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Butternut Squash Recipes >
- Cooking For Two >
- Cooking For Two Magazine >
- Cooking For Two Recipes >
- Cream Soups >