Butternut Squash Rolls Recipe
- 1 package (1/4 ounce) active dry yeast
- 1 cup warm milk (110° to 115°)
- 1/4 cup warm water (110° to 115°)
- 3 tablespoons butter, softened
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 cup mashed cooked butternut squash
- 5 to 5-1/2 cups all-purpose flour, divided
- In a large bowl, dissolve yeast in milk and water. Add the butter, salt, sugar, squash and 3 cups flour; beat until smooth. Add enough remaining flour to form a soft dough.
- Turn onto a floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, about 6-8 minutes. Place in a greased bowl, turning once to grease top. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 1 hour.
- Punch dough down. Form into rolls; place in two greased 10-in. cast-iron skillets or 9-in. round baking pans. Cover and let rise until doubled, about 30 minutes.
- Bake at 375° for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. Yield: 2 dozen.
Reviews for Butternut Squash Rolls(3)
Sort By :
I used a whole grain wheat flour instead of white & they turned out so good. My kids couldn't get enough of them!!! Will definitely make again!
I've made this several times, I usually substitute half whole wheat flour for half of the white flour. The Grandkids love these!
We love these rolls! They are very easy and seriously delicious. I use whole wheat flour in place of some of the all-purpose.