Butternut Squash Casserole
This casserole is very versatile! It can be served hot today and cold tomorrow, as a main dish for meatless meals or as a side dish for a dinner party. Any way you serve it, it's scrumptious!
10-12 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 35 min.
- 5 cups shredded peeled butternut squash
- Juice and grated peel of 1 lemon
- 1 cup raisins
- 6 to 8 dried apricots, chopped (about 1/3 cup)
- 1 medium apple, cubed
- 2 cups ricotta cheese
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 3 tablespoons plain yogurt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 cup Diamond of California Chopped Walnuts
- In a large bowl, toss squash with lemon juice and peel. Place half in
- the bottom of a greased 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish.
- In a large bowl, combine the raisins, apricots and apple; sprinkle
- over squash. In a small bowl, combine the cheese,egg, yogurt,
- cinnamon and nutmeg; spread over fruit mixture. Cover with remaining
- squash. Sprinkle with nuts.
- Cover with foil. Bake at 375° for 35-40 minutes or a thermometer
- reads 160°. Yield: 10-12 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 199 calories, 8 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 35 mg cholesterol, 65 mg sodium,