Butternut Squash Cake Roll
Elizabeth Nelson of Manning, North Dakota is sweet on squash! Her pretty dessert is perfect for an autumn special occasion.
10 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 15 min. + chilling
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 2/3 cup mashed cooked butternut squash
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup finely chopped walnuts
- Confectioners' sugar
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- Additional confectioners' sugar, optional
- Line a 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan with waxed paper; grease
- and flour the paper and set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat eggs for 3 minutes. Gradually add sugar; beat
- for 2 minutes or until mixture becomes thick and lemon-colored. Stir
- in squash. Combine the flour, baking soda and cinnamon ingredients;
- fold into squash mixture. Spread batter evenly into prepared pan.
- Sprinkle with walnuts.