Butternut Squash Butter Recipe
Looking for a tasty way to use up those pumpkins and have a wonderful gift during the holidays? My pumpkin butter is delicious on biscuits or homemade bread, and also makes a tempting filling for miniature tart shells. —Wanda Richardson, Somers, Montana
- 6 cups mashed cooked butternut squash or pumpkin
- 2 cups apple cider or juice
- 1-1/4 cups packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1. Place all ingredients in a Dutch oven. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, 1 to 1-1/2 hours or until mixture reaches a thick, spreadable consistency. Cool to room temperature. Store in an airtight container the refrigerator up to 3 weeks. Yield: 6 cups.
2 tablespoons: 39 calories, 0g fat (0g saturated fat), 0mg cholesterol, 4mg sodium, 10g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 1g fiber), 0g protein Diabetic Exchanges: 0 starch.
Reviews for Butternut Squash Butter
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC