Butternut Squash Apple Crisp Recipe
"I had this recipe in my box for years before I finally tried it - and now we love it!" recalls Barbara Ellis from Bridgewater, Massachusetts. "It has become my son-in-law's favorite."
- 1 small butternut squash (about 1 pound)
- 3 medium tart apples, peeled and sliced
- 1/4 cup corn syrup
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- OAT TOPPING:
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 6 tablespoons cold butter
- Vanilla ice cream
- 1. Preheat oven to 375°. Peel and cut squash lengthwise in half; discard seeds. Cut squash into thin slices. In a large bowl, combine squash, apples, corn syrup and lemon juice; toss to coat. Mix brown sugar, cornstarch, cinnamon and salt; stir into squash mixture.
- 2. Transfer to a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Bake, covered, 20 minutes.
- 3. In a small bowl, mix flour, oats and brown sugar; cut in butter until crumbly. Sprinkle over squash mixture. Bake 25 minutes longer or until squash and apples are tender and topping is lightly browned. Serve warm with ice cream. Yield: 8 servings.
1 serving (1 slice) equals 252 calories, 1 g fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 175 mg sodium, 63 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 3 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC