- 1 small butternut squash (about 1 pound)
- 3 medium tart apples, peeled and sliced
- 1/4 cup corn syrup
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- OAT TOPPING:
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 6 tablespoons cold butter
- Vanilla ice cream
- Peel squash and cut in half lengthwise; discard seeds. Cut squash into thin slices. In a large bowl, combine the squash, apples, corn syrup and lemon juice; toss to coat. Combine the brown sugar, cornstarch, cinnamon and salt; stir into squash mixture.
- Transfer to a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Cover and bake at 375° for 20 minutes.
- In a small bowl, combine the flour, oats and brown sugar; cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Sprinkle over squash mixture.
- Bake 25 minutes longer or until squash and apples are tender and topping is lightly browned. Serve warm with ice cream. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as Butternut Apple Crisp in Taste of Home October/November 2004, p47
Reviews for Butternut Squash Apple Crisp
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Feb. 17, 2013
imade this last year for a after dinner desert
it was very good next time all add more cinnamon and brown sugar
Reviewed Jul. 29, 2011
It needed more topping so I'll adjust that the next time I make this.