Butternut Squash Apple Bake Recipe
“Even if you don’t like squash, you’ll like this side dish,” Ellie Klopping promises from Toledo, Ohio. Sweet slices of butternut squash are topped with apples in a cinnamon-sugar glaze for an elegant accompaniment.
- 1 butternut squash (2 pounds), peeled and cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 3 medium tart apples, peeled, cored and thinly sliced into rings
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1. Arrange squash in a 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan coated with cooking spray. Top with apple rings. Combine the brown sugar, flour and cinnamon; sprinkle over apples. Drizzle with butter.
- 2. Cover and bake at 350° for 40-50 minutes or until squash and apples are tender. Yield: 8 servings.
1 serving equals 120 calories, 3 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 8 mg cholesterol, 36 mg sodium, 25 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 1 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1/2 fruit, 1/2 fat.
Reviews for Butternut Squash Apple Bake
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC