- 1 small butternut squash (2 pounds), peeled and cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 3 medium tart apples
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 350°. Spread squash evenly in a 15x10x1-in. pan coated with cooking spray. Peel and core apples; cut crosswise into thin rings and arrange over squash. Mix brown sugar, flour and cinnamon; sprinkle over top. Drizzle with butter.
- Bake, covered, until squash and apples are tender, 40-50 minutes. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Butternut Squash Apple Bake
"This was really good. Even my husband liked it. Could eat that for desert too."
"This is a delicious and easy recipe. I reduced the brown sugar to 1/4 cup and added 1/4 tsp. ground nutmeg. I used Granny Smith apples cut in large chunks and didn't peel them. Just before serving I drizzled 2 Tbsp. maple syrup over the squash and apples. My kids loved the dish and they are taking the leftovers in their school lunches today!"
"Everyone raves about this recipe! It's a wonderful addition to any meal."
"So yummy. I didn't find it too sweet. It was tender and not dry. I will make it again."