“Even if you don’t like squash, you’ll like this side dish,” Ellie Klopping promises from Toledo, Ohio. Sweet slices of butternut squash are topped with apples in a cinnamon-sugar glaze for an elegant accompaniment.
- 1 butternut squash (2 pounds), peeled and cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 3 medium tart apples, peeled, cored and thinly sliced into rings
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- Arrange squash in a 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan coated with cooking spray. Top with apple rings. Combine the brown sugar, flour and cinnamon; sprinkle over apples. Drizzle with butter.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 40-50 minutes or until squash and apples are tender. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Butternut Squash Apple Bake in Light & Tasty August/September 2006, p8
Reviews for Butternut Squash Apple Bake
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review