Butternut Squash Apple Bake Recipe
- 1 butternut squash (2 pounds), peeled and cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 3 medium tart apples, peeled, cored and thinly sliced into rings
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- Arrange squash in a 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan coated with cooking spray. Top with apple rings. Combine the brown sugar, flour and cinnamon; sprinkle over apples. Drizzle with butter.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 40-50 minutes or until squash and apples are tender. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Butternut Squash Apple Bake(9)
Sort By :
This was really good. Even my husband liked it. Could eat that for desert too.
This is a delicious and easy recipe. I reduced the brown sugar to 1/4 cup and added 1/4 tsp. ground nutmeg. I used Granny Smith apples cut in large chunks and didn't peel them. Just before serving I drizzled 2 Tbsp. maple syrup over the squash and apples. My kids loved the dish and they are taking the leftovers in their school lunches today!
Everyone raves about this recipe! It's a wonderful addition to any meal.
So yummy. I didn't find it too sweet. It was tender and not dry. I will make it again.
More Recipe Collections
- Apple Recipes >
- Butternut Squash Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Diabetic Side Dishes >
- Healthy Cooking Side Dishes >
- Healthy Cooking Vegetarian Recipes >
- Healthy Recipes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Low Fat Side Dishes >
- Low Sodium Recipes >
- Low Sodium Side Dishes >
- Side Dish Recipes >
- Squash Recipes >
- Thanksgiving Recipes >