- 8 cups cubed peeled butternut squash (about 4 pounds)
- 4 cups cubed peeled potatoes (about 4 medium)
- 16 garlic cloves, peeled
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Colby-Monterey Jack cheese
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Place squash, potatoes and garlic in a Dutch oven; add water to cover. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cook, uncovered, 10-15 minutes or until tender.
- Meanwhile, in a dry small skillet, toast sesame seeds and cumin over medium-low heat 3-4 minutes or until aromatic, stirring frequently. Remove from heat.
- Drain squash mixture. Mash vegetables, adding cheese, butter, salt and pepper. Sprinkle with sesame seed mixture. Yield: 10 servings (3/4 cup each).
Originally published as Butternut Squash & Potato Mash in Taste of Home December 2013
Reviews for Butternut Squash & Potato Mash
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Nov. 3, 2014
"I used turnips instead of potatoes. Omitted the sesame seeds. Great flavor !"