Butternut Sausage Puff Recipe
- 2 cups hot mashed butternut squash
- 3 eggs, separated
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped onion
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 pound bulk pork sausage, cooked and drained
- Fresh thyme, optional
- 1. In a bowl, combine squash, egg yolks, flour, parsley, butter, onion, lemon juice, thyme and salt; mix until well blended. Stir in the sausage. Cool for 10 minutes.
- 2. In a small bowl, beat egg whites until stiff peaks form; fold into squash mixture. Pour into a greased and floured 2-qt. baking dish.
- 3. Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 45-50 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Garnish with thyme if desired. Yield: 4-6 servings.
1 cup: 199 calories, 13g fat (6g saturated fat), 130mg cholesterol, 327mg sodium, 13g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 3g fiber), 7g protein.
Reviews for Butternut Sausage Puff
"this was okay, not my family's favorite egg dish but a nice difference to the usual egg dish fare."