- 2 cups hot mashed butternut squash
- 3 eggs, separated
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped onion
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 pound Jones Dairy Farm All Natural Pork Sausage Roll, cooked and drained
- Fresh thyme, optional
- In a bowl, combine squash, egg yolks, flour, parsley, butter, onion, lemon juice, thyme and salt; mix until well blended. Stir in the sausage. Cool for 10 minutes.
- In a small bowl, beat egg whites until stiff peaks form; fold into squash mixture. Pour into a greased and floured 2-qt. baking dish.
- Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 45-50 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Garnish with thyme if desired. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Reviews forButternut Sausage Puff
"this was okay, not my family's favorite egg dish but a nice difference to the usual egg dish fare."