- In a large saucepan, combine squash and broth. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until squash is
- tender. Drain. Mash squash with cloves. Transfer to a large bowl;
- cool to room temperature.
- In a small bowl, combine the ricotta, pecans, garlic powder, salt and
- pepper; add to squash mixture.
- Spoon 1 tablespoon squash mixture off center on a wonton wrapper.
- (Keep wrappers covered with a damp paper towel until ready to use.)
- Moisten edges with water. Fold wonton over diagonally and seal edges
- of triangle with a fork. Repeat with remaining wrappers and filling.
- Refrigerate for 5-10 minutes.
- In a Dutch oven, bring water to a boil. Reduce heat to a gentle
- simmer. Cook ravioli in batches for 1-2 minutes or until they float.
- Remove with a slotted spoon; keep warm.
- Meanwhile, in a small skillet, melt butter. Stir in the flour, salt
- and pepper until smooth. Gradually stir in cream and milk. Bring to
- a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in
- pecans and bourbon; heat through. Serve with ravioli. Sprinkle with
- parsley and additional pecans.
- Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 5 ravioli with 3 tablespoons sauce (calculated without additional pecans) equals 415 calories, 22 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 48 mg cholesterol, 1,071 mg sodium, 41 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 13 g protein.
Wine: Full-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.