This egg- and dairy-free pie is a great alternative to standard pumpkin pie! We love to make the pies with squash from our garden. Feel free to spice up this pie even more, adding more of your favorite spices! You'll be glad the recipe makes two. —Juliana Thetford, Ellwood City, Pennsylvania
Recommended: Fall Farmers Market Recipes
- 1 large butternut squash (about 4 pounds)
- 1 package (10-1/2 ounces) silken firm tofu
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg or ground mace
- Two 9-inch graham cracker crusts (about 6 ounces each)
- Sweetened whipped cream, optional
- Preheat oven to 400°. Halve squash lengthwise; discard seeds. Place squash on a baking sheet, cut side down. Roast until tender, 45-55 minutes. Cool slightly. Scoop out pulp and mash (you should have about 4 cups).
- Place tofu, sugar, cornstarch, honey and spices in a food processor; process until smooth. Add squash; pulse just until blended. Divide between crusts.
- Bake at 400° until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean, 40-50 minutes. Cool 1 hour on a wire rack. Refrigerate, covered, until cold. If desired, serve with whipped cream. Yield: 2 pies (6 servings each).
Originally published as Butternut Harvest Pies in Healthy Cooking Annual Recipes Annual 2017, p227
Reviews for Butternut Harvest Pies
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review