Butternut Curry Recipe
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 large sweet yellow pepper, chopped
- 1 large sweet red pepper, chopped
- 2 tablespoons canola oil, divided
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 5 cups cubed peeled butternut squash
- 2 cups V8 juice
- 1 can (13.66 ounces) coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons red curry paste
- 1 vegetable bouillon cube
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced fresh gingerroot
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Dash cayenne pepper
- Hot cooked rice
- Fresh basil leaves, optional
- 1. In a large skillet, saute onion and peppers in 1 tablespoon oil until crisp-tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Remove from the pan and set aside.
- 2. In the same skillet, saute squash in remaining oil for 5 minutes. Add the V8 juice, coconut milk, curry paste, bouillon, ginger, salt, cayenne and reserved onion mixture. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 12-15 minutes or until squash is tender. Serve with rice. Garnish with basil if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
1-1/2 cups (calculated without rice): 431 calories, 29g fat (19g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 923mg sodium, 45g carbohydrate (14g sugars, 8g fiber), 7g protein.
Reviews for Butternut Curry
Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.