Butternut Coconut Curry Recipe
- 1 cup chopped carrots
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1-1/2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 medium butternut squash (about 2-1/2 pounds), cut into 1-inch cubes
- 2-1/2 cups vegetable broth
- 3/4 cup coconut milk
- 1/2 cup uncooked basmati or jasmine rice
- 1. In a large skillet, saute carrots and onion in oil until onion is tender. Add the brown sugar, curry, garlic, cinnamon, ginger and salt. Cook and stir 2 minutes longer.
- 2. In a 3- or 4-qt. slow cooker, combine the butternut squash, broth, coconut milk, rice and carrot mixture. Cover and cook on low for 4-5 hours or until rice is tender. Yield: 9 servings.
3/4 cup: 200 calories, 6g fat (4g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 312mg sodium, 34g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 5g fiber), 3g protein.
Reviews for Butternut Coconut Curry
"This is delicious AND easy - I add golden raisins and it gives an extra flavor!"
"It's an east way to cook and delicious?"
"This is quite tasty and easy to make. However, I added more spice. I also felt it needed something extra, like chickpeas? or naan? I'm not sure what it was but something was definitely missing."