Butternut Coconut Curry Recipe
- 1 cup chopped carrots
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1-1/2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 medium butternut squash (about 2-1/2 pounds), cut into 1-inch cubes
- 2-1/2 cups vegetable broth
- 3/4 cup coconut milk
- 1/2 cup uncooked basmati or jasmine rice
- 1. In a large skillet, saute carrots and onion in oil until onion is tender. Add the brown sugar, curry, garlic, cinnamon, ginger and salt. Cook and stir 2 minutes longer.
- 2. In a 3- or 4-qt. slow cooker, combine the butternut squash, broth, coconut milk, rice and carrot mixture. Cover and cook on low for 4-5 hours or until rice is tender. Yield: 9 servings.
3/4 cup: 200 calories, 6g fat (4g saturated fat), 0mg cholesterol, 312mg sodium, 34g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 5g fiber), 3g protein
Reviews for Butternut Coconut Curry
"It's an east way to cook and delicious?"
"This is quite tasty and easy to make. However, I added more spice. I also felt it needed something extra, like chickpeas? or naan? I'm not sure what it was but something was definitely missing."
Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.