- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar, divided
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 to 4 cups sliced peeled butternut squash (about 1-1/2 pounds)
- 1 can (21 ounces) apple pie filling
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup quick-cooking oats
- 6 tablespoons butter, softened
- Combine 1/2 cup brown sugar, lemon juice, cinnamon, salt, squash and pie filling. Spoon into a greased 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish.
- Cover and bake at 375° for 30 minutes. Combine remaining ingredients until crumbly. Sprinkle over squash mixture. Uncover; bake 45 minutes longer or until squash is tender. Serve warm. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Butternut Apple Crisp in Country Woman July/August 1992, p29
Reviews for Butternut Apple Crisp
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Nov. 3, 2012