Buttermilk Spice Crisps Recipe
These cookies were a Christmas tradition for one of the families in my childhood church. I looked forward to caroling at their house because we were rewarded with one of these tasty morsels!
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup buttermilk
- 4-2/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon each ground allspice, ground cloves and ground nutmeg
- 1. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg and buttermilk. Combine the flour, baking soda, cinnamon, allspice, cloves and nutmeg; gradually add to the creamed mixture and mix well. Shape into two 9-in. rolls; wrap each in plastic wrap. Refrigerate for 4 hours or until firm.
- 2. Unwrap and cut into 1/4-in. slices. Place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown. Remove to wire racks to cool. Yield: 6 dozen.
1 serving (2 each) equals 151 calories, 5 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 20 mg cholesterol, 126 mg sodium, 24 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein.
Reviews for Buttermilk Spice Crisps
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC