Buttermilk Salad Dressing Recipe
- 3/4 cup buttermilk
- 2 cups (16 ounces) 2% cottage cheese
- 1 envelope ranch salad dressing mix
- Salad greens and vegetables of your choice
- In a blender, combine the buttermilk, cottage cheese and salad dressing mix; cover and process for 20 seconds or until smooth.
- Pour into a small pitcher or bowl. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour. Stir before serving with salad. Yield: 2-3/4 cups.
Reviews for Buttermilk Salad Dressing(5)
Sort By :
We have a salad with dinner most nights so I am always looking for new dressings. This one was GREAT + fast + easy. It also makes a wonderful chip dip. Next time though, I will cut the recipe in half because it made too much for two of us to eat prior to spoiling. Definitely a keeper recipe.
While I love the idea of cottage cheese I am not a fan. I swapped the cottage cheese for greek plain yogurt. I swapped the pre-measured dry ingredients for fresh. I used chives,dill basil and thyme. Kind of a riff on ranch. I love this idea thanks for making me think how I could make it to my taste. So easy and fun to make---Taste of home volunteer
Thanks for this recipie. I have been making ranch with light sour cream. Sometimes I don't have the sour cream but we usually have cottage cheese. I had never thought of this substitution. Sometimes I add 2 or 3 tablespoons of Best Foods mayonaise for special ocasions.
2 tbsp of this = 23 calories, compared to 140 in Hidden Valley ranch... can't beat it!
Delicious ! My whole family loved it! Very easy to make !