Buttermilk Salad Dressing
This thick creamy mixture has the flavor of ranch dressing and is a breeze to blend together. Use it to top mixed greens or as a dip for raw vegetables.
Vickie Floden of Story City, Iowa
22 ServingsPrep: 10 min. + chilling
- 3/4 cup buttermilk
- 2 cups (16 ounces) 2% cottage cheese
- 1 envelope ranch salad dressing mix
- Salad greens and vegetables of your choice
- In a blender, combine the buttermilk, cottage cheese and salad
- dressing mix; cover and process for 20 seconds or until smooth.
- Pour into a small pitcher or bowl. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Stir before serving with salad. Yield: 2-3/4 cups.
Nutritional Facts: 2 tablespoons (calculated without greens and vegetables) equals 23 calories, 1 g fat (0.55 g saturated fat), 3 mg cholesterol, 177 mg sodium, 2 g carbohydrate, 0 fiber, 3 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1/2 fat-free milk.