Buttermilk Salad Dressing
In McCook, Nebraska, Iola Egle serves this creamy ranch-style salad dressing on almost everything. "Besides drizzling it over mixed greens, I use it as a dip for raw vegetables, a topper for baked potatoes and a sauce for roast beef sandwiches," she informs.
32 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 2 cups fat-free mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder or salt
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder or salt
- 1 teaspoon coarsely ground or cracked pepper
- Salad greens
- In a bowl, combine the first six ingredients; whisk until smooth.
- Cover and chill until serving. Serve over salad greens. Store in the
- refrigerator. Yield: 4 cups.
Nutritional Facts: One 2-tablespoon serving of dressing (prepared with garlic and onion powder) equals 19 calories, 125 mg sodium, 1 mg cholesterol, 3 gm carbohydrate, 1 gm protein, trace fat. Diabetic Exchanges: Free.