Buttermilk Rosemary Muffins Recipe
These muffins have a delicate herb flavor that's special alongside any entree. Use fresh rosemary for the best flavor.—Debbi Smith, Crossett, Arkansas
TOTAL TIME: Prep/Total Time: 30 min. YIELD:12 servings
- 2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh rosemary or 3/4 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup plus 1 tablespoon shortening
- 3/4 cup buttermilk
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, rosemary, baking powder, salt and baking soda. Cut in shortening until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in buttermilk just until moistened (mixture will be dry).
- 2. Turn onto a lightly floured surface. Roll out to 1/2-in. thickness. Cut with a floured 2-1/2-in. biscuit cutter. Place 1 in. apart on a greased baking sheet. Brush with butter. Bake at 400° for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm. Yield: 1 dozen.
1 serving (1 each) equals 216 calories, 13 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 11 mg cholesterol, 253 mg sodium, 21 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC