Buttermilk Rolls Recipe
These wonderful rolls are a real treat. You don't have to break the bank to enjoy a batch of golden rolls.—Bernice Morris, Marshfield, Missouri
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 20 min. + rising Bake: 15 min. YIELD:18 servings
- 1 package (1/4 ounce) active dry yeast
- 1/4 cup warm water (110° to 115°)
- 1-1/2 cups warm buttermilk (110° to 115°)
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 4-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1. In a large bowl, dissolve yeast in water. Beat in the buttermilk, oil, sugar, salt, baking soda and 2 cups of flour until smooth. Stir in enough remaining flour to form a soft dough.
- 2. Turn onto a floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, about 6-8 minutes. Place in a greased bowl, turning once to grease top. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 1-1/2 hours.
- 3. Punch dough down. Divide into 18 pieces; roll into balls. Place on greased baking sheets. Cover and let rise until doubled, about 30 minutes.
- 4. Bake at 400° for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on wire racks. Yield: 1-1/2 dozen.
1 serving (1 each) equals 185 calories, 7 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 1 mg cholesterol, 188 mg sodium, 27 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 4 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC