- For meringue, in a large bowl, beat egg whites and cream of tartar on
- medium speed until soft peaks form. Gradually beat in sugar, 1
- tablespoon at a time, on high until stiff glossy peaks form and
- sugar is dissolved. Spread evenly over hot filling, sealing edges to
- Bake at 350° for 12-15 minutes or until the meringue is golden
- brown. Cool on a wire rack for 1 hour. Refrigerate for at least 3
- hours before serving. Store leftovers in the refrigerator.
- Yield: 6-8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 piece) equals 446 calories, 11 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 92 mg cholesterol, 311 mg sodium, 81 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 7 g protein.