My girlfriend loves pumpkin, so I enjoy making this for her on cool Sunday mornings. —Charles Insler, Silver Spring, Maryland
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 2 large eggs
- 1-1/4 cups buttermilk
- 1/2 cup fresh or canned pumpkin
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- Butter and maple syrup, optional
- In a large bowl, combine the first nine ingredients. In a small bowl, whisk the eggs, buttermilk, pumpkin and butter. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened.
Bake in a preheated waffle iron according to manufacturer’s directions until golden brown. Serve with butter and syrup if desired.
Freeze option: Cool waffles on wire racks. Freeze between layers of waxed paper in a resealable plastic freezer bag. To use, reheat waffles in a toaster on medium setting. Or, microwave each waffle on high for 30-60 seconds or until heated through. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Buttermilk Pumpkin Waffles in Healthy Cooking October/November 2012, p18
Reviews for Buttermilk Pumpkin Waffles
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review