- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 2 eggs
- 1-1/4 cups buttermilk
- 1/2 cup fresh or canned pumpkin
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- Butter and maple syrup, optional
- In a large bowl, combine the first nine ingredients. In a small bowl, whisk the eggs, buttermilk, pumpkin and butter. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened.
- Bake in a preheated waffle iron according to manufacturer’s directions until golden brown. Serve with butter and syrup if desired. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Buttermilk Pumpkin Waffles
Sort By :
"I think this is my new favorite pumpkin waffle recipe. They don't keep their shape as well as some waffles, but certainly better than others. They have good pumpkin flavor, and they freeze well for coming mornings."
"It was a great waffle recipe. I like being able to make waffles without having to beat the egg whites. I served it with a apple juice syrup. This will be part of my recipes to make every fall."
"I thought these waffles tasted great. They were a little dry and not as crisp as I would have liked, but I solved that problem by making one batch at one time and keeping them hot in my toaster oven. That crisped them up a bit. The crisp problem may have been my waffle iron, but I have noticed that when using whole wheat flour things are just not as crisp. Of course that will not stop me from making them again! I added a little Splenda too just to make them a little sweeter. :)"
"Delicious, I will make these often"
"These were great, although I wish they had a bit more pumpkin flavor to them."