- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 2 eggs
- 1-1/4 cups buttermilk
- 1/2 cup fresh or canned pumpkin
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- Butter and maple syrup, optional
- In a large bowl, combine the first nine ingredients. In a small bowl, whisk the eggs, buttermilk, pumpkin and butter. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened.
- Bake in a preheated waffle iron according to manufacturer’s directions until golden brown. Serve with butter and syrup if desired. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Buttermilk Pumpkin Waffles
Sort By :
"It was a great waffle recipe. I like being able to make waffles without having to beat the egg whites. I served it with a apple juice syrup. This will be part of my recipes to make every fall."
"I thought these waffles tasted great. They were a little dry and not as crisp as I would have liked, but I solved that problem by making one batch at one time and keeping them hot in my toaster oven. That crisped them up a bit. The crisp problem may have been my waffle iron, but I have noticed that when using whole wheat flour things are just not as crisp. Of course that will not stop me from making them again! I added a little Splenda too just to make them a little sweeter. :)"
"Delicious, I will make these often"
"These were great, although I wish they had a bit more pumpkin flavor to them."
"So yummy and spicy and easy. My son and I loved them!"