Buttermilk Pound Cake Recipe
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2-1/2 cups sugar
- 4 eggs
- 3 cups King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Confectioners' sugar, optional
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Combine flour and baking soda; add alternately with buttermilk and beat well. Stir in vanilla.
- Pour into a greased and floured 10-in. fluted tube pan. Bake at 325° for 70 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool in pan for 15 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely. Dust with confectioners' sugar if desired. Yield: 16-20 servings.
Reviews for Buttermilk Pound Cake(15)
Sort By :
This recipe is awesome. Very moist and tasty. Looking forward to making again.
this is the first time I have ever rated a recipe. I made this and it was super easy, moist and my family loved it, it was a beautiful cake....Hubby took a piece to work and now I have a request to make one for his co-worker. thanks for sharing.
I was so excited about this and even followed the recipe to a "T", which I never do. It was terrible. More like bread than a pound cake and not even close to sweet enough.
This was pretty good. It was easy to make, but I was expecting a moister, tastier poundcake based on the other reviews. It's a good, solid recipe, but I might keep searching for another pound cake recipe.
OH MY!!! YES!!!!