- 2 cups sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1/3 cup shortening
- 1-1/2 cups hot mashed potatoes (prepared without added milk and butter)
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- 5-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Oil for deep-fat frying
- Additional sugar
- In a large bowl, beat the sugar, eggs and shortening. Add the potatoes, buttermilk and vanilla. Combine the dry ingredients; add to potato mixture. Cover and refrigerate 1 hour.
- In an electric skillet or deep-fat fryer, heat oil to 375°. Drop rounded teaspoonfuls of batter, a few at a time, into hot oil. Fry for 1-1/2 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Drain on paper towels; roll in additional sugar while warm. Yield: About 9-1/2 dozen.
Originally published as Buttermilk Potato Doughnut Holes in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2003, p160
Reviews for Buttermilk Potato Doughnut Holes
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review