Buttermilk Pot Roast Recipe
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 boneless beef chuck roast (about 3-1/2 pounds)
- 4-1/2 teaspoons onion soup mix
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 8 medium potatoes, peeled and halved
- 8 medium carrots, halved
- 8 small onions, cut into wedges
- 1 cup buttermilk
- Spread mustard over roast; place in a Dutch oven. Sprinkle with soup mix and pepper. Arrange vegetables around roast; pour buttermilk over the top.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 2-1/4 to 2-3/4 hours or until meat and vegetables are tender. Transfer meat and vegetables to a platter and keep warm. Let meat stand for 5 minutes before slicing.
- Skim fat from drippings; bring to a boil. Cook until liquid is reduced to 1 cup; serve with beef and vegetables. Yield: 8 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Buttermilk Pot Roast(16)
Sort By :
THE most moist roast I've ever made. Everyone loved it!
I made this in the oven bag with a 2 3/4 lb. chuck roast. Unfortunately, I forgot to adjust the time correctly and baking for 2 hours was too long and the meat was a little dry. But the veggies were nice and soft with nice flavor. Will definitely make this again. Would also like to try it in the crockpot.
I cooked the roast and vegetables in a oven bag that was held in a 13 x 9 pan. This was the best roast I have ever made!! This recipe is a keeper!! I put a whole packet of Lipton Onion Soup Mix in and only 1 medium onion chopped.
Wonderful, melt in your mouth delicious.
Miss Nikki, thanks for the advice. I had planned on cooking 8 hours on low but due to time had to go with 6 on high.
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Baked Potatoes >
- Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Beef Main Dishes >
- Beef Recipes >
- Budget Dinner Recipes >
- Budget Side Dish Recipes >
- Carrot Recipes >
- Comfort Food Dinner Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Comfort Food Side Dishes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Potato Recipes >
- Roast Dinner >