- Pastry for single-crust pie (9 inches)
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1-3/4 cups sugar
- 3 eggs
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 2 teaspoons McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- Sweetened whipped cream, optional
- Preheat oven to 425°. On a lightly floured surface, roll dough to a 1/8-in.-thick circle; transfer to a 9-in. pie plate. Trim pastry to 1/2 in. beyond rim of plate; flute edge. Line unpricked pastry with a double thickness of foil. Fill with pie weights, dried beans or uncooked rice.
- Place on a baking sheet; bake 20 minutes or until bottom is lightly browned. Remove foil and weights; bake 1-2 minutes longer or until golden brown. Cool crust on a wire rack. Reduce oven setting to 325°.
- In a large bowl, beat butter and sugar until blended. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in flour and salt. Gradually stir in buttermilk and vanilla.
- Sprinkle pecans into crust; add filling. Bake 50-60 minutes or until center is set. Cover top loosely with foil during the last 15 minutes to prevent overbrowning if necessary.
- Cool completely on a wire rack. If desired, serve with whipped cream. Serve or refrigerate within 2 hours. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Buttermilk Pie with Pecans in Taste of Home Christmas Annual Annual 2014
Reviews for Buttermilk Pie with Pecans
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review