- 3 cups sugar
- 6 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 cups buttermilk, divided
- 5 eggs
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 unbaked pastry shells (9 inches each)
- 1 cup chopped pecans, optional
- In a bowl, combine the sugar, flour and 3/4 cup buttermilk. Add eggs and remaining buttermilk; mix well. Stir in the butter and vanilla. Divide evenly among pie shells. Top with pecans if desired.
- Bake at 425° for 10 minutes. Reduce heat to 350°; bake 25-30 minutes longer or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool completely. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 12-16 servings.
Reviews for Buttermilk Pie
Sort By :
This is the second time I made this pie. I cut the sugar down to 2 cups and the pies are plenty sweet. Other than reducing the sugar, make the pies as directed and they will come out perfect. I used the "Never-Fail Pie Crust" recipe with this and everything worked great.
this pie is awesome!!!
I make this pie for catering jobs...everyone loves it! and it is so simple to make
totally delicious...a keeper for sure :)
Very easy to make! My family loved it!