- 3 cups sugar
- 6 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 cups buttermilk, divided
- 5 eggs
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 2 teaspoons McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- 2 unbaked pastry shells (9 inches each)
- 1 cup chopped pecans, optional
- In a bowl, combine the sugar, flour and 3/4 cup buttermilk. Add eggs and remaining buttermilk; mix well. Stir in the butter and vanilla. Divide evenly among pie shells. Top with pecans if desired.
- Bake at 425° for 10 minutes. Reduce heat to 350°; bake 25-30 minutes longer or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool completely. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 12-16 servings.
Reviews for Buttermilk Pie
Sort By :
"This is the second time I made this pie. I cut the sugar down to 2 cups and the pies are plenty sweet. Other than reducing the sugar, make the pies as directed and they will come out perfect. I used the "Never-Fail Pie Crust" recipe with this and everything worked great."
"this pie is awesome!!!"
"I make this pie for catering jobs...everyone loves it! and it is so simple to make"
"totally delicious...a keeper for sure :)"
"Very easy to make! My family loved it!"