Buttermilk Pecan Waffles Recipe
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 3 tablespoons chopped pecans
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt; set aside.
- 2. In a large bowl, beat eggs until light. Add buttermilk; mix well. Add dry ingredients and beat until batter is smooth. Stir in butter.
- 3. Pour about 3/4 cup batter onto a lightly greased preheated waffle iron. Sprinkle with a few pecans. Bake according to manufacturer's directions until golden brown. Repeat until batter and pecans are gone. Yield: 7 waffles (about 8 inches each).
1 serving (1 each) equals 337 calories, 19 g fat (10 g saturated fat), 159 mg cholesterol, 762 mg sodium, 31 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 10 g protein.
Reviews for Buttermilk Pecan Waffles
"This is my go-to recipe every time! So tender. Thank you for sharing this recipe."
"These were delicious! I added some coconut with the pecans."
"I made these this morning and my wife and I both thought they were delicious! Light, yet filling and full of flavor. I veganized the recipe, using Earth Balance instead of butter, soy milk and apple cider vinegar instead of buttermilk, and ground flax seed mixed with water for the binder."