Buttermilk Pecan Waffles Recipe
I like cooking with buttermilk. These nutty, golden waffles are my husband's favorite breakfast, so we enjoy them often. They're as easy to prepare as regular waffles, but their unique taste makes them exceptional.
TOTAL TIME: Prep/Total Time: 25 min. YIELD:7 servings
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 3 tablespoons chopped pecans
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt; set aside.
- 2. In a large bowl, beat eggs until light. Add buttermilk; mix well. Add dry ingredients and beat until batter is smooth. Stir in butter.
- 3. Pour about 3/4 cup batter onto a lightly greased preheated waffle iron. Sprinkle with a few pecans. Bake according to manufacturer's directions until golden brown. Repeat until batter and pecans are gone. Yield: 7 waffles (about 8 inches each).
1 serving (1 each) equals 337 calories, 19 g fat (10 g saturated fat), 159 mg cholesterol, 762 mg sodium, 31 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 10 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC