Buttermilk Pecan Pie Recipe
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 5 Eggland's Best Eggs
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 unbaked pastry shell (10 inches)
- In a bowl, cream butter and sugar. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Blend in flour, lemon juice and vanilla. Stir in buttermilk and pecans. Pour into the pie shell. Bake at 325° for 55 minutes or until set. Cool on a wire rack. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Buttermilk Pecan Pie(8)
Sort By :
This was the first buttermilk pecan pie I had ever made or tasted. My family LOVED it!!!!
I don't like traditional pecan pie at all and only made this pie as it was requested by a guest. But it was DELICIOUS- not cloyingly sweet like the traditional pecan pie. Awesome! I would definitely make this more than just once a year at Thanksgiving. I might even try it without the pecans for a custard pie- the filling was that good.
I have made this pie around the holidays since it first came out. I make it once a year. It is one of my favorite pies! Great!
I was looking for a recipe that would use some butter milk I had bought and found this recipe. I was so good, my family ate in 2 days. Simple and easy to make. Thanks for sharing.
Yes, Yes, Yes, this is easy and GREAT. Am already making it for the second time - everyone LOVED it at Thanksgiving. Be sure and use deep dish pie crust - it will still overflow. This will be a permanent addition to our Thanksgiving.