Buttermilk Pecan Pie Recipe
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 5 eggs
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 unbaked pastry shell (10 inches)
- In a bowl, cream butter and sugar. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Blend in flour, lemon juice and vanilla. Stir in buttermilk and pecans. Pour into the pie shell. Bake at 325° for 55 minutes or until set. Cool on a wire rack. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Buttermilk Pecan Pie
Sort By :
"I love love this recipe! Just a tip for some. I don't like thick pies so I make 2 pies with this one recipe and the always turns out perfect!"
"Great recipe but deep dish pie shells are a must,had enough filling to make 4 regular pie shells.Rather than throw away what was left I improvised & made a custard out of the rest!"
"This is a true combo pie! Part crunchy pecan pie combined with a silky custard pie. Yummy! Unlike any pie we had before. Did not have buttermilk on hand. Used cook's trick to combine a teaspoon of vinegar into whole milk. Tasted great!"
"Best Buttermilk pie I have had! Will definitely make again!"
"Buttermilk pies are my personal favorite, so it was to no surprise that I loved this one also! They are so easy to make and always devoured every time I bring them somewhere."