- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 5 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 unbaked pastry shell (10 inches)
- In a bowl, cream butter and sugar. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Blend in flour, lemon juice and vanilla. Stir in buttermilk and pecans. Pour into the pie shell. Bake at 325° for 55 minutes or until set. Cool on a wire rack. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Buttermilk Pecan Pie
"This pie was very good, both my kids and my husband loved it. I followed the recipe exact, except I added more pecans to mine. The recipe allowed for me to make two 9 in deep dish pies."
"I love love this recipe! Just a tip for some. I don't like thick pies so I make 2 pies with this one recipe and the always turns out perfect!"
"Best Buttermilk pie I have had! Will definitely make again!"
"Buttermilk pies are my personal favorite, so it was to no surprise that I loved this one also! They are so easy to make and always devoured every time I bring them somewhere."
"I don't like traditional pecan pie at all and only made this pie as it was requested by a guest. But it was DELICIOUS- not cloyingly sweet like the traditional pecan pie. Awesome! I would definitely make this more than just once a year at Thanksgiving. I might even try it without the pecans for a custard pie- the filling was that good."
"I have made this pie around the holidays since it first came out. I make it once a year. It is one of my favorite pies! Great!"
"I was looking for a recipe that would use some butter milk I had bought and found this recipe. I was so good, my family ate in 2 days. Simple and easy to make. Thanks for sharing."