This is the treasured "Golden Oldie" that my grandmother made so often whenever we'd come to visit. Grandma grew her own pecans, and we never tried of cracking them and picking out the meat when we knew we'd be treated to her special pie! —Mildred Sherrer, Fort Worth, Texas
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 5 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 unbaked pastry shell (10 inches)
- In a bowl, cream butter and sugar. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Blend in flour, lemon juice and vanilla. Stir in buttermilk and pecans. Pour into the pie shell. Bake at 325° for 55 minutes or until set. Cool on a wire rack. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Buttermilk Pecan Pie in Reminisce November/December 1993, p51
Reviews for Buttermilk Pecan Pie
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review