Buttermilk Pecan Pie Recipe
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 5 eggs
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 unbaked pastry shell (10 inches)
- In a bowl, cream butter and sugar. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Blend in flour, lemon juice and vanilla. Stir in buttermilk and pecans. Pour into the pie shell. Bake at 325° for 55 minutes or until set. Cool on a wire rack. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Buttermilk Pecan Pie
Sort By :
"This is a true combo pie! Part crunchy pecan pie combined with a silky custard pie. Yummy! Unlike any pie we had before. Did not have buttermilk on hand. Used cook's trick to combine a teaspoon of vinegar into whole milk. Tasted great!"
"Best Buttermilk pie I have had! Will definitely make again!"
"Buttermilk pies are my personal favorite, so it was to no surprise that I loved this one also! They are so easy to make and always devoured every time I bring them somewhere."
"I don't like traditional pecan pie at all and only made this pie as it was requested by a guest. But it was DELICIOUS- not cloyingly sweet like the traditional pecan pie. Awesome! I would definitely make this more than just once a year at Thanksgiving. I might even try it without the pecans for a custard pie- the filling was that good."
"I have made this pie around the holidays since it first came out. I make it once a year. It is one of my favorite pies! Great!"