Buttermilk Pecan Pancakes Recipe
- 3 eggs, separated
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 to 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1-2/3 cups buttermilk
- 1. In a large bowl, beat egg yolks and butter. Combine the flour, pecans, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt; add to the egg mixture alternately with buttermilk. Beat egg whites until stiff peaks form; fold into batter.
- 2. Pour batter by 1/4 cupfuls onto a lightly greased hot griddle; turn when bubbles form on top of pancakes. Cook until second side is golden brown. Yield: 16 pancakes.
1 serving (3 each) equals 366 calories, 19 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 149 mg cholesterol, 761 mg sodium, 37 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 11 g protein.
Reviews for Buttermilk Pecan Pancakes
"I toasted half the pecans in a small skillet with one tablespoon each of brown sugar and butter. It was awesome. Pancakes are light and fluffy. Will make again!"
"So long Crackle Barrel! No longer need to go there for their pecan pancakes, these are sooo much better."
"i didn't bother seperating the eggs and they turned out just fine."
"Thanks for the recipe. Sounds delicious! latinrose"