- 3 eggs, separated
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 to 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1-2/3 cups buttermilk
- In a large bowl, beat egg yolks and butter. Combine the flour, pecans, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt; add to the egg mixture alternately with buttermilk. Beat egg whites until stiff peaks form; fold into batter.
- Pour batter by 1/4 cupfuls onto a lightly greased hot griddle; turn when bubbles form on top of pancakes. Cook until second side is golden brown. Yield: 16 pancakes.
Originally published as Buttermilk Pecan Pancakes in Taste of Home August/September 1999, p8
Reviews for Buttermilk Pecan Pancakes
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Aug. 1, 2014
"So long Crackle Barrel! No longer need to go there for their pecan pancakes, these are sooo much better."
Reviewed Jun. 1, 2012
"i didn't bother seperating the eggs and they turned out just fine."
Reviewed Feb. 1, 2008
"Thanks for the recipe. Sounds delicious! latinrose"