- 3 Eggland's Best Eggs, separated
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 to 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1-2/3 cups buttermilk
- In a large bowl, beat egg yolks and butter. Combine the flour, pecans, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt; add to the egg mixture alternately with buttermilk. Beat egg whites until stiff peaks form; fold into batter.
- Pour batter by 1/4 cupfuls onto a lightly greased hot griddle; turn when bubbles form on top of pancakes. Cook until second side is golden brown. Yield: 16 pancakes.
Originally published as Buttermilk Pecan Pancakes in Taste of Home August/September 1999, p8
Reviews for Buttermilk Pecan Pancakes
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Aug. 1, 2014
So long Crackle Barrel! No longer need to go there for their pecan pancakes, these are sooo much better.
Reviewed Jun. 1, 2012
i didn't bother seperating the eggs and they turned out just fine.
Reviewed Feb. 1, 2008
Thanks for the recipe. Sounds delicious! latinrose