Buttermilk Pecan Chicken Recipe
- 1 cup ground pecans
- 1/4 cup sesame seeds, optional
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 18 pecan halves
- 1. In a shallow bowl, combine the pecans, sesame seeds if desired, paprika, salt and pepper. Place flour and buttermilk in separate bowls. Coat chicken with flour, dip in buttermilk, then coat with pecan mixture.
- 2. Place in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Drizzle with butter. Top each with three pecan halves. Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 30-35 minutes or until a meat thermometer reads 170°. Yield: 6 servings.
1 each: 429 calories, 25g fat (5g saturated fat), 84mg cholesterol, 911mg sodium, 21g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 3g fiber), 32g protein.
Reviews for Buttermilk Pecan Chicken
"Don't leave out the sesame seeds. Dr Bernard Jensen says sesame seeds are the champion of seeds. According to whfoods.org, 'Not only are sesame seeds an excellent source of copper and a very good source of manganese, but they are also a good source of calcium, magnesium, iron, phosphorus, vitamin B1, zinc, molybdenum, selenium, and dietary fiber. In addition to these important nutrients, sesame seeds contain two unique substances: sesamin and sesamolin. Both of these substances belong to a group of special beneficial fibers called lignans, and have been shown to have a cholesterol-lowering effect in humans, and to prevent high blood pressure and increase vitamin E supplies in animals. Sesamin has also been found to protect the liver from oxidative damage.'"
"This was soooooo easy to make and was delicious! Juicy, tender....YUM...I too left out the sesame seeds and the "Decco pecans" for the top...didn't really see the need for them. I went a little lighter on the salt as I normallly do...still it was great. I don't see how the other person "could not eat this and wasted a chicken"....The fault is NOT in the recipe."
"Easy to make, simple ingredients, and delicious! The chicken is tender and juicy and flavorful. I left out the sesame seeds and served it over greens."
"Way too much salt in this recipe. It may be better w/ 1/2 tsp?!"
"I foolowed the recipe and just wasted good chicken and pecans. We could not eat it. Don't waste your time."
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.