- 1 cup ground pecans
- 1/4 cup sesame seeds, optional
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 18 pecan halves
- In a shallow bowl, combine the pecans, sesame seeds if desired, paprika, salt and pepper. Place flour and buttermilk in separate bowls. Coat chicken with flour, dip in buttermilk, then coat with pecan mixture.
- Place in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Drizzle with butter. Top each with three pecan halves. Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 30-35 minutes or until a meat thermometer reads 170°. Yield: 6 servings.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Buttermilk Pecan Chicken
Sort By :
"This was soooooo easy to make and was delicious! Juicy, tender....YUM...I too left out the sesame seeds and the "Decco pecans" for the top...didn't really see the need for them. I went a little lighter on the salt as I normallly do...still it was great. I don't see how the other person "could not eat this and wasted a chicken"....The fault is NOT in the recipe."
"Easy to make, simple ingredients, and delicious! The chicken is tender and juicy and flavorful. I left out the sesame seeds and served it over greens."
"I have made this chicken recipe several times now and love it. Chicken has a buttery flavor and is very moist. Easy to prepare."
"Way too much salt in this recipe. It may be better w/ 1/2 tsp?!"
"I foolowed the recipe and just wasted good chicken and pecans. We could not eat it. Don't waste your time."