Buttermilk Pecan Chicken Recipe
- 1 cup ground pecans
- 1/4 cup sesame seeds, optional
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 18 pecan halves
- In a shallow bowl, combine the pecans, sesame seeds if desired, paprika, salt and pepper. Place flour and buttermilk in separate bowls. Coat chicken with flour, dip in buttermilk, then coat with pecan mixture.
- Place in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Drizzle with butter. Top each with three pecan halves. Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 30-35 minutes or until a meat thermometer reads 170°. Yield: 6 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Buttermilk Pecan Chicken(4)
Sort By :
Easy to make, simple ingredients, and delicious! The chicken is tender and juicy and flavorful. I left out the sesame seeds and served it over greens.
I have made this chicken recipe several times now and love it. Chicken has a buttery flavor and is very moist. Easy to prepare.
Way too much salt in this recipe. It may be better w/ 1/2 tsp?!
I foolowed the recipe and just wasted good chicken and pecans. We could not eat it. Don't waste your time.