"My family enjoys chicken and always asks me to bake it this way," explains Julie Jahn of Decatur, Indiana. "Sometimes I like to give this dish kid appeal by cutting the chicken into strips before coating with the nut mixture."
- 1 cup ground pecans
- 1/4 cup sesame seeds, optional
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 18 pecan halves
- In a shallow bowl, combine the pecans, sesame seeds if desired, paprika, salt and pepper. Place flour and buttermilk in separate bowls. Coat chicken with flour, dip in buttermilk, then coat with pecan mixture.
- Place in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Drizzle with butter. Top each with three pecan halves. Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 30-35 minutes or until a meat thermometer reads 170°. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Buttermilk Pecan Chicken in Quick Cooking May/June 2001, p59
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Buttermilk Pecan Chicken
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review