Buttermilk Pan Rolls
These wonderful rolls can be made very quickly. Hot, fresh rolls go well with just about any meal.
24 ServingsPrep: 20 min. + rising Bake: 20 min.
- 2 packages (1/4 ounce each) active dry yeast
- 1/4 cup warm water (110° to 115°)
- 1-1/2 cups warm buttermilk (110° to 115°)
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 4-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- In a large bowl, dissolve yeast in warm water. Add the buttermilk,
- oil and sugar. Combine the flour, baking soda and salt; add to yeast
- mixture and beat until smooth. Do not knead. Let stand for 10
- Turn dough onto a lightly floured surface; punch down. Shape into 24
- balls and place in two greased 9-in. square baking pans. Cover and
- let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 30 minutes.
- Bake at 400° for 20 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from
- pans to wire racks to cool. Yield: 2 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 138 calories, 5 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 1 mg cholesterol, 118 mg sodium, 20 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.