- 18 to 23 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup buttermilk blend powder
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons salt
- 4-1/2 teaspoons active dry yeast
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 7 cups warm water (120° to 130°)
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- In several large bowls, combine 15 cups flour, buttermilk powder, sugar, salt, yeast and baking soda. Add water and oil. Beat until smooth. Stir in enough remaining flour to form a soft dough.
- Turn onto a floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, about 10 minutes. Place in several large greased bowls, turning once to grease top. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 1-1/4 hours.
- Punch dough down. Divide into 80 pieces. Shape each into a ball. Place in two greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pans. Cover and let rise until doubled, about 30 minutes.
- Bake at 375° for 20-30 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove from pans to wire racks. Serve warm. Yield: 80 rolls.
Originally published as Buttermilk Pan Rolls in Taste of Home April/May 2000, p54
Reviews for Buttermilk Pan Rolls
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review