Buttermilk Onion Bread Recipe
This oniony bread is perfect for hearty sandwiches or serve it warm with a hot dinner. “This bread smells wonderful while baking,” says Joan Powers of East Wenatchee, Washington.
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 10 min. Bake: 3 hours YIELD:16 servings
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons warm buttermilk (70° to 80°)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2-1/2 cups bread flour
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon dried minced onion
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley flakes
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon dill weed
- 2-1/4 teaspoons active dry yeast
- 1. In bread machine pan, place all ingredients in order suggested by manufacturer. Select basic bread setting. Choose crust color and loaf size if available. Bake according to bread machine directions (check dough after 5 minutes of mixing; add 1 to 2 tablespoons of water or flour if needed). Yield: 1 loaf (16 slices).
1 slice equals 99 calories, 1 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 3 mg cholesterol, 245 mg sodium, 20 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 4 g protein. Diabetic Exchange: 1 starch.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC