This oniony bread is perfect for hearty sandwiches or serve it warm with a hot dinner. “This bread smells wonderful while baking,” says Joan Powers of East Wenatchee, Washington.
Recommended: 23 Recipes Made in a Bundt Pan
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons warm buttermilk (70° to 80°)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2-1/2 cups bread flour
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon dried minced onion
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley flakes
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon dill weed
- 2-1/4 teaspoons active dry yeast
- In bread machine pan, place all ingredients in order suggested by manufacturer. Select basic bread setting. Choose crust color and loaf size if available. Bake according to bread machine directions (check dough after 5 minutes of mixing; add 1 to 2 tablespoons of water or flour if needed). Yield: 1 loaf (16 slices).
Originally published as Buttermilk Onion Bread in Simple & Delicious July/August 2007, p65
Reviews for Buttermilk Onion Bread
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Apr. 9, 2011
"wonderful taste -smells so good also!"
Reviewed Apr. 11, 2010
"This bread is delicious! It also smells sooo good while baking. A definite keeper!"
Reviewed Nov. 10, 2009
"A nice dense hearty bread. Very tasty!"