Buttermilk Onion Bread Recipe
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons warm buttermilk (70° to 80°)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2-1/2 cups bread flour
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon dried minced onion
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley flakes
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon dill weed
- 2-1/4 teaspoons active dry yeast
- In bread machine pan, place all ingredients in order suggested by manufacturer. Select basic bread setting. Choose crust color and loaf size if available. Bake according to bread machine directions (check dough after 5 minutes of mixing; add 1 to 2 tablespoons of water or flour if needed). Yield: 1 loaf (16 slices).
Reviews for Buttermilk Onion Bread(4)
Sort By :
DH tasted this and said, "this reminds me of Thanksgiving stuffing." I have to agree. It's a soft bread and it has a nice onion/herb flavor. I highly recommend this recipe.
wonderful taste -smells so good also!
This bread is delicious! It also smells sooo good while baking. A definite keeper!
A nice dense hearty bread. Very tasty!
More Recipe Collections
- Bread Machine Recipes >
- Bread Recipes >
- Comfort Food Bread Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Comfort Food Vegetarian Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Simple Recipes >
- Simple Vegetarian Recipes >
- Vegetarian Bread Recipes >