These tender, golden-brown pancakes have a nice texture from the oatmeal. Accompanied by a syrup of your choice on the side, they are a special breakfast treat.
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 3/4 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 cup old-fashioned oats
- 1 Eggland's Best Egg
- 1/4 cup 2% milk
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- Strawberry pancake syrup
- In a large bowl, combine buttermilk and oats; let stand for 5
- minutes. Stir in the egg, milk and oil. Combine the flour, sugar,
- baking powder and baking soda; stir into oat mixture just until
- Pour batter by 1/4 cupfuls onto a greased hot griddle; turn when
- bubbles form on top of pancakes. Cook until second side is lightly
- browned. Serve with syrup. Yield: 8 pancakes.
Nutritional Facts: 4 pancakes (calculated without syrup) equals 423 calories, 20 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 112 mg cholesterol, 663 mg sodium, 50 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 13 g protein.