Buttermilk-Oat Pancakes Recipe
These tender, golden-brown pancakes have a nice texture from the oatmeal. Accompanied by a syrup of your choice on the side, they are a special breakfast treat.
- 3/4 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 cup old-fashioned oats
- 1 Eggland's Best Egg
- 1/4 cup 2% milk
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- Strawberry pancake syrup
- In a large bowl, combine buttermilk and oats; let stand for 5 minutes. Stir in the egg, milk and oil. Combine the flour, sugar, baking powder and baking soda; stir into oat mixture just until moistened.
- Pour batter by 1/4 cupfuls onto a greased hot griddle; turn when bubbles form on top of pancakes. Cook until second side is lightly browned. Serve with syrup. Yield: 8 pancakes.
Originally published as Buttermilk-Oat Pancakes in Reminisce Extra May 2011, p51
Reviews for Buttermilk-Oat Pancakes(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Breakfast for Two >
- Breakfast Recipes >
- Breakfast Recipes for Two >
- Cooking For Two >
- Cooking For Two Recipes >
- Mother's Day Breakfast Recipes >
- Pancakes >
- Valentine's Day Breakfast Recipes >
- Valentine's Day Brunch Recipes >
- Valentine's Day Recipes >