Buttermilk Noodle Bake Recipe
- 1-1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2-1/2 teaspoons salt
- Dash pepper
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 1 can (4 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, undrained
- 1/3 cup ketchup
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 8 ounces medium egg noodles, cooked and drained
- In a skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. In a large saucepan, melt butter. Stir in flour, salt and pepper until smooth. Gradually add buttermilk. Stir in mushrooms, ketchup and Worcestershire sauce. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Add noodles and beef mixture; mix well. Transfer to a greased 2-1/2-qt. baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 45 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Buttermilk Noodle Bake(2)
Sort By :
Fabulous!!! Can't ever go wrong with using buttermilk as a staple in creamy sauces. yummy! thanks for the good old fashioned recipe.
This is delicious! Everyone loved it. It is filling and it has the most wonderful flavor. I was skeptical when I read the recipe, but I am very glad I made this. It is a definite keeper and so easy to throw together.