Buttermilk Meat Loaf Recipe
- 1 cup soft bread crumbs
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup finely chopped red onion
- 6 tablespoons barbecue sauce, divided
- 1/4 cup buttermilk
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/2 pounds ground beef
- In a large bowl, combine the bread crumbs, eggs, onion, 4 tablespoons barbecue sauce, buttermilk, parsley, garlic salt and pepper. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Shape into a loaf. Place in a greased 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 50 minutes. Spread with remaining barbecue sauce. Bake 10 minutes longer or until meat is no longer pink and a meat thermometer reads 160°. Drain; let stand for 10 minutes before slicing. Yield: 6 servings.
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Buttermilk Meat Loaf
Sort By :
"Great taste and flavor. I used Montreal steak sauce instead of barbecue sauce."
"Totally awesome..my family loved it . I also cut bacon strips in half and laid over the top of the loaf before putting it in the oven..then the last 10 minutes I spread the BBQ sauce on top...it kinda carmelized the top sauce. So Good"
"Very moist with good flavor. My family loved this meatloaf and asked me to make it again!"
"DELICIOUS!! I USED QUICK COOKING OATMEAL INSTEAD OF BREAD CRUMBS AND MY HUSBAND SAID THIS WAS THE BEST MEATLOAF YET! SERVED WITH SOME BROWN GRAVY WITH MUSHROOMS AND ONIONS...YUMMY!"
"We all loved it. Adjusting the recipe slightly I added a 1/4 pound of ground pork and used Pampered Chef Cherry Chipotle Barbecue Sauce which added zing."