Buttermilk Meat Loaf Recipe
- 1 cup soft bread crumbs
- 2 Eggland's Best Eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup finely chopped red onion
- 6 tablespoons barbecue sauce, divided
- 1/4 cup buttermilk
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/2 pounds ground beef
- In a large bowl, combine the bread crumbs, eggs, onion, 4 tablespoons barbecue sauce, buttermilk, parsley, garlic salt and pepper. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Shape into a loaf. Place in a greased 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 50 minutes. Spread with remaining barbecue sauce. Bake 10 minutes longer or until meat is no longer pink and a meat thermometer reads 160°. Drain; let stand for 10 minutes before slicing. Yield: 6 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Buttermilk Meat Loaf(10)
Sort By :
We all loved it. Adjusting the recipe slightly I added a 1/4 pound of ground pork and used Pampered Chef Cherry Chipotle Barbecue Sauce which added zing.
Very Moist and Excellent Flavor!! Have made this several times for family gatherings and always get wonderful compliments. Next time I am going to make it into meatballs for an appetizer tray at a potluck dinner.
Very Moist! Have made this several times. DH, who is not a meatloaf fan, asks for this often. He likes the BBQ. The only thing I change is I use fresh garlic in place of garlic salt. Very good.
Very nice flavor to this recipe. It made a nice change from the onion version I regularly use. Thumbs up from the whole family!
One of the best meatloaf recipes I have ever used. Made it for my husband on his birthday. He was very impressed. I make 4 small loaves and put them on a sprayed broiler pan with water in the bottom and bake as directed. They are moist and cook in half the time.