- 1 cup soft bread crumbs
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup finely chopped red onion
- 6 tablespoons barbecue sauce, divided
- 1/4 cup buttermilk
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/2 pounds ground beef
- In a large bowl, combine the bread crumbs, eggs, onion, 4 tablespoons barbecue sauce, buttermilk, parsley, garlic salt and pepper. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Shape into a loaf. Place in a greased 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 50 minutes. Spread with remaining barbecue sauce. Bake 10 minutes longer or until meat is no longer pink and a meat thermometer reads 160°. Drain; let stand for 10 minutes before slicing. Yield: 6 servings.
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Buttermilk Meat Loaf
Sort By :
"I made this recipe tonight. I actually only had a half pound of ground beef 93/7. I made muffin meatloaves with this recipe. I was able to get about 8 muffin sized mini meatloaves. I topped them off with wihpped mashed potatoes pipped using a start-tip. I made them into savory cupcakes and were adorable! The meatloaf recipe has a lot of flavor! I baked the mini loaves at 350 degrees for 25 minutes which might have been too long since the temp was at 190 degrees so maybe try 20 minutes."
"Great taste and flavor. I used Montreal steak sauce instead of barbecue sauce."
"Totally awesome..my family loved it . I also cut bacon strips in half and laid over the top of the loaf before putting it in the oven..then the last 10 minutes I spread the BBQ sauce on top...it kinda carmelized the top sauce. So Good"
"Very moist with good flavor. My family loved this meatloaf and asked me to make it again!"
"DELICIOUS!! I USED QUICK COOKING OATMEAL INSTEAD OF BREAD CRUMBS AND MY HUSBAND SAID THIS WAS THE BEST MEATLOAF YET! SERVED WITH SOME BROWN GRAVY WITH MUSHROOMS AND ONIONS...YUMMY!"