Buttermilk Mashed Potatoes Recipe
- 2 pounds potatoes, peeled and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup chicken or vegetable broth
- 6 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced green onions
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1. In a large saucepan, combine the potatoes, water, broth and garlic. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 12-15 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, heat buttermilk until warm. Drain potatoes and garlic; mash with buttermilk. Stir in the onions, salt and pepper. Yield: 6 servings.
One serving (2/3 cup) equals 133 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 1 mg cholesterol, 575 mg sodium, 30 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 4 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch.
Reviews for Buttermilk Mashed Potatoes
"easy and amazing! will make again :)"
"these mashed potatoes are amazing!!! very yummy! i will definitely make these again!"